Sunday, April 25, 2010


What I like about the Putney
I like it when it rains and the street lights reflect on the wet pavement below;
I like it when the rain drips down the steadfast masonry of the ancient limestone building,
and it sounds like you're in a tent when the rain drums on the three skylights;
I like it when the floors from the 1880's creak beneath the hallway carpeting;
I like it that those halls are so wide and the doorways are Victorian-cornered;
I like it that the 18 inch walls insure absolute quiet;
I like it that the 18 foot ceilings give you spaciousness;
I like living above the Five Points where the stuffed fox and I hold forth in a second floor loft looking down at the street;
I like being able to walk everywhere. Dave's, the Rochester Deli and a popcorn shop are only a few paces away. Panos' fresh fruit and vegetables likewise.
And that's just me. +++ Dee has her own reasons.......