Normal American girl
sends her recipe for hot chocolate
after being open to trying it with Tabasco:
Real, (organic if possible) Dark cocoa
teaspoon to tablespoon (depending on your preference) cinnamon
same for nutmeg
dab of cloves and/or cardamon
pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste!)
Sometimes I use a teaspoon of instant coffee, or some that's been recently brewed
How to prepare: Use a big mug
1.heat water to boil (a cup per person)
2.in bottom of cup mix all of the above ingredients and add enough water to dissolve into a smooth paste
3. Use a hand blender or some such implement to whip/froth the milk - I use about 2 cups milk in a deepish microwaveable container
4. When the milk is good and aerated, nuke for 3 minutes and it'll get very frothy (yum)
5. Add some hot water to the cocoa paste to fill mug half way, mix well.
6. Top with frothed milk, leaving a lot of foam to ride on top of the cup.
7. I use sweetener after mixing the paste. But if you use sugar, add it along with all other dry ingredients in step #2.
This is a decadent treat that will leave you purring! It is an insult to cayenne to use instant hot chocolate!