Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Elevation


H.D. Thoreau
re-reading Walden
pg 115, Where I lived

Now that I've attained a certain age, I have to think when I write in this familial blog: "What if this is the last thing I ever set down?" Are these the words I want to leave them with? Thank heavens I have this opportunity to elevate the repartee today, after sinking to carnal depths with yesterday's posting.
As has been said earlier in this raccoon news, the writings of Henry David Thoreau have presented themselves to me for another go-round, years after I originally read them. I must have done so almost cursorily, and what a great mistake that was. The images I perceive today in Thoreau's phrases have me pausing, leaf by leaf, for reflection.
Let this Walden lofty thought serve as a paged-back-to destination from my actual final post, whenever that might be, and stand for something from a higher place, a decent coda.

No comments: