Saturday, April 25, 2009

singin' in the wain

Check No. 151516
Weymin, our favorite waitress
At Ching Hwa Chinese restaurant
Is new to America
We were at Ching Hwa's again this week
for lunch
And Weymin remembered us.
^.^
“ I tao my husbawn,
‘Min come in today, took
Pikchoor of his 'beo' I write
In Chinese!”
^.^
Now today you come beck!
Ah, sir...today...maybe
you take pikchoor of me!
I smi-oo nice for you!
^.^
So sorry, Weymin,
No camera today.
Happy repartee ensued
anyway
and when she said she enjoys
singing in a gwee cwub
I asked what she likes to sing,
and she said,
Aw kind Bloadway show song,
Like this: (sings in soft lyric)
I singin in the wain, jus singin
in the wain.....
^.^
I quickly join her in the song:
“…what a glorious feeling
I’m happy again…”
We finish the whole song together.
Alerted diners smile.
Wife blushes.
^.^
"Next time I will bring the camera
And take a picture of you!"
(Stand by. Meanwhile, today it's raining hard as I 'sing' this.
I mean Weymin no discourtesy in trying for her dialect here.
I believe she is overall much wiser and certainly better traveled than I.
Trying through her kind and effusive nature to please. At the time of
the snapshot of her Chinese bill I just wanted to try Les's camera
that was carried with me that day.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME


No comments: