Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is how life can be if you live in a sewer raccoon district

Some years ago I fashioned a basement shower stall over the floor drain. It has been my favorite bathing facility at this address. Although the plumbing is rudimentary, it works. A stat d'art shower head offers (or as we used to say in real estate: 'BOASTS') many settings and only requires that the water supply gets to it somehow. Any way will do, and does.

Of course the shower curtain may eventually require a fresh replacement, but so far, after 22 years, the old NY Times replica in plastic will do, and does.
The beauty of a basement shower stall like this is that you don't have to wipe down the walls. The water goes down the floor drain; the water beads on the plastic curtain and evaporates in time. The hose is connected at the laundry tubs and runs along the radiator pipes at the ceiling.
Denise informed me the other day that something was wrong with the shower. "Maybe it's rusted through? Water is splashing all over." She finished her shower upstairs.
Today, needing a shower myself, I went down and reconnected the hose clamp where the garden hose goes over the brass fitting screwed into the shower head. I soaked the head in vinegar as long as it was down, to remove the lime. Nothing rusted. Being out of the improvished electrical tape which held the plumbing to the pipes overhead originally, I simply used a few twists of strong gauge copper wire that I now have.
This is how life can be..............and is.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

The "Man Cave" lives !!!