Saturday, May 15, 2010

Morels again at the Waukesha Farmers Market

This time
I bought two (2)
for $6.40
The price is $40. per pound.
How much for a couple, I asked?
Let me weigh them and see, the girl answered.

So now I have two morels in a painted wooden tray I've had since around 1958 - 60. The tray was done by Joan Beringer Pripps of Springstead in the Wisconsin northwoods. Her place was called 'Studio in the Woods.' Of itself, her tray is a glorious sight. (Find Pripps on the internet. She passed away after a ong and prolific life, in 2006.)

So this will be the visage when Dee gets home. The pungent odor will be pervasive, I hope. Then we will cut the two morels up and sautee them in butter.

It was quite an extravangence, but money flows more freely when at the market next to the mighty and rushing Fox River.


Also purchased a small jar of honey from this chap. An eloquent conversationalist, he explained that his honey is of a thicker texture. We went on to discuss other subjects as well - penetrating eye contact......

The Fox River is high due to the recent heavy rains. I did note the profusion of bugs that the swallows, swifts or martins are all frenzied over. See yesterday's entry.


It is the merry month of May.