Saturday, November 23, 2013

Penultimate pussy; Paraprosdokians, 17 of them; Play the uke like we do; Curtis and Stew; The Congo for Xmas


KD, THE PENULTIMATE

The Odd Fellows cat assumes
the second from the top rung
seemingly in deference 
to The Dirt God
at the summit

All tippy devices and objects
are clamped down to prevent
breakage
but KD is on her own
and that's just the way she likes it

.......






Paraprosdokians are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently humorous.
Winston Churchill loved them.
1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

6. War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

9. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

10. In filling out an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency, Notify:' I put 'DOCTOR'.

11. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

12. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

13. I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure...

14. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

15. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

16. You're never too old to learn something stupid.

17. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
.......




then this:



.......



ON THE NINTH OF NOVEMBER 2013
Stew Tolbert of Dillonvale Ohio
retired steamfitter and now art welder
in his barn on a reclaimed coal mine

where he lives with wife Donna in a nifty trailer
heard his old friend from the 70s in concert, Curtis Johnson.
- left, above -
http://www.washjeff.edu/professors/johnson-curtis

*How did you know this guy, I asked?
Stew answered:
As an undergrad at West Liberty ,about 1976, Curtis played at my buddy's establishment called Tin Pan Alley that had 3 floors,one live rock/folk, one disco [lighted floor etc.] and one Jazz. Tin Pan was a story of money,drugs ,sex, tax evasion,and betrayal . Curtis just kept on playing . The opening night on the Jazz floor, Blood, Sweat and Tears was playing the Capital. The horn section came over to party at Tin Pan after there performance and cockily sat in; well, Curtis just blew  them off the stage, they were saying 'who is that guy', I got to tell that story to his wife last sat. which delighted her.So Curtis played there most week ends for several years and I was there when ever I could be as you never knew what would happen musically and otherwise.
  So 2 years ago on my birthday after decades He played Stiefel and I was surprised that he remembered me though I was semi-famous.......

..........
  Have never met Stew
picked him up off his reading the raccoon News
being referred to the raccoon by the development staffer
with the Wheeling Symphony.
She sent me pic of barges on my favorite river, The Ohio.
She'd read a rhapsody I did on the suspension bridge
at Wheeling.

'All things are connected.'




ONE MORE: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPj39NloVjE

AND ONE MORE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jGtQy1skg

AND ONE MORE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSPiOZcBOA

AND ONE MORE YET:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHn4Q8Nzm80



.......



OK
we get it
single red ornaments in the greens
the hip 2013 thing to do

This unusual Downtown Waukesha perspective
of the Congegational UCC Church, 100 E. Broadway
taken by the raccoon photographer
who shoots single red ornaments.

.......



Festoon looks down on the Five Points
specifically at the yule planter
in front of The Clarke
illustrated in the downtown blog
'Takin' It To The Streets'
(T.I.T.T.S.)
of recent issue

Festoon has just had his lights replaced
for our interior Christmas cheer
here at The Odd Fellows hall

200 mini-bulbs in white
re-illumine the loft workshop
as of today's installation, 11-22-13

and in synch with the once missed cue
of the beauty of single ornaments,
Festoon joins with the visage he sees,
a solitary-decked community planter
and he too has his single globe,
appropriately pre-Thanksgiving.