Saturday, January 30, 2016

Another pie, not just another day; My luve's like; Shout-out from Maureen Dowd; New Yorker cover; Prayer flags


this week from Dee's oven



^,^

Robert Burns
(Aye, 1794)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_96v_SFEz6E

O my Luve's like a red, red rose, 
That's newly sprung in June: 
O my Luve's like the melodie, 
That's sweetly play'd in tune. 

As fair art thou, my bonie lass, 
So deep in luve am I; 
And I will luve thee still, my dear, 
Till a' the seas gang dry. 

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear, 
And the rocks melt wi' the sun; 
And I will luve thee still, my dear, 
While the sands o' life shall run. 

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve! 
And fare-thee-weel, a while! 
And I will come again, my Luve, 
Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!

^,^



Some not so good news




"Yes, Sarah, (we're) giving you a shout-out!".......

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/opinion/sunday/sarah-palin-saves-feminism.html

^,^



^,^

But some good news:



First Congo is back in camels



[Word on the sands  we've heard :

This renewal of the ancient camel figurine came about by
Dave Bruning's making a new mold over their adult
son John's old Sunday School Nativity figurine.

These sets last and last.  Painted by the SS kids
they tend not to be thrown away.

The one above is either Lee's or Erin's camel
which was not done in intricate colour, but...
a small child did it.]


^,^


End of yuletide Tibetan Pray flags

As our Christmas tree returns to the storeroom
here at the Odd Fellows
The emphasis on the vast ceiling height
afforded by the high tree in our window

is a task taken up by a string of prayer flags
attached to the ceiling fan-dusting 3-section
bamboo fish pole presented by downtown friend
Tom Hekkers.  It came from his cabin. 










The assembly stands behind a chair with the much-used
Jean Means quilt thrown over the back.
The pieces for the lap-robe came fron pieces of blue-jean
material left over from her purse-making.



The shapes  of the scraps pick up the flag theme.

(Photo done with the 'painting' setting on the camera.)

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.

Give a man your fish pole and allow him to dust his high ceiling

fan forever, or until transciency ends."











^,^