Thursday, November 17, 2011

I even like the cork.......

Raccoon News source and reader,
Bob Heeschen
appeared at the Odd Fellows yesterday
on a motor trip through Michigan and WI from St. Paul MN.
He came bearing gifts, per his custom.

This time he had a CD for us made up of some 45 rpm records
from his collection, tunes that had greatly amused us
around 1960 when we were trucking (unmarked G car-ing) together
in Chicago with a plain-clothes branch of the US Army.

The most salutary and laugh provoking cut was
DELICIOUS
by Jim Backus and a drinking friend.

Please give it a spin, at


You may laugh......

For reminder info on Backus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Backus


Retired S/A Heeschen



Here's the CD Bob made, and the other songs on it.
Additional gift items included an antique Rock Island Line railroad map of the system's routes through the US.
Bob is a docent at the RR museum, an erstwhile roundhouse worker.



Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Bob from our early era together
but I do have this one of me and my uke from that exact time frame when Bob and I were residing in separate but equal safe houses near Bryn Mawr and Kedzie Avenues. Chicago.