Friday, December 28, 2007

Waukesha Sewer Raccoon News
Dec. 12, 2007



“The coons, woe to us! Phantoms of this opera are
Just a few feet beneath Waukesha
In archen coves and caverns……..”

Item:

Last night as I sat huddled at the fire, low and close, in a rush Gatlinburg rocking chair, the wood and flames - perhaps under the influence of sewer raccoons - took on a configuration of The Hound From Hell, ala: A.C. Doyle’s The Hound of the Baskervilles. So it appeared to cloud-watcher, such a thing. Images from the animal world carom about.

The beast in this instance had flames leaping from his mouth, and steam coming from his nostrils. The only visible smoke in the fireplace came from that uncircumscribed, horrendous snout. I saw a manic red eye, glaring right.

All of this too-quickly vanished into the ashes of the hearth. I put no more wood in, pondered the picture in my heart, my ravaged and repaired heart. Eventually I rose and bedded down for the night.

No comments: