Saturday, September 27, 2008

Farmers Market, Waukesha

PRESENTING
THE HAUL FROM THIS EARLY MORNING

What beauty from the parking lot stands along the Fox River! The prices are higher nowadays, but, heck, I remember paying 25 cents for a gallon of gasoline, too.

And (take it, Erin and Leland... ) a box of Kraft Dinner macaroni and cheese cost only ll cents.

["Yah-yah, we know, Dad."]

Yes, my mother used to give me a dime and a penny to go up to Budzien's grocery at Oakland and Arcadian to buy a box of that still magical product.

But there's nothing like real vegetables, produced from area truck gardens and brought at dawn by the grower-operators, delicacies sure to explode their super-fresh flavors on your palette.

Smiling customers crossed the foot-bridge over the Fox in high anticipation as I walked to the car with my hefty load. Now to take a knife to that luscious stalk of brussel sprouts. To have some slices of real tomatoes..........

CELEBRATE


No comments: