Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There's OWLS out there!


Cat Ass Trophy



How many times must one say NO!
to a cat begging to go out
after hours

My reckoning of how many

times I've leaned down to advise her

sours

my disposition; for heaven's sake,

do you want to hear those mighty descending wings

from the nocturnal sky? She glowers,

having no imagination, I guess,

and continues her pitiful begging to go out

and take her chances during the darkening hours

An owl will, believe me, WILL swoop down

and pick you, you tasty morsel, as if

you were nothing heftier that one of our flowers

growing outside the door, in whose midst you slink and creep;

These owls are big with talons sinking deep

they'll carry you to a treetop, disembowelers

these owls are, your nemeses;

You don't want to find yourself with great ease flying upward

by surprise, my pussy, to be sliced, diced, and devoured!

Like talking to a catter-wall,

at night a different creature;

She persists! "Mee-ow, Mee-OW, ,MEE-OW!" Hers

to learn the hard beak way, but not on this watch!

Her bones and parts shan't be reduced to pellets, trophies

dropped under the Tamarack's peaceable bowers!

No is NO, my furryfriend, reckon thyself lucky;

Yea, and compose and confine thyself;

not to be an owl's, your howls and bowels are ours!

[dd]

No comments: