Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What should we play today?




PAPER DOLL
FOR THE KING AND QUEEN
This remarkable paper doll was found being used as a bookmark in a copy of Michener's Recessional that I gave to my dad in 1995. After his passing in '98 I recovered it to read myself "someday."
I took it down from the shelf last evening and the paper doll tumbled out as I held the book in bed. What a surprise! The back side, which you can read enlarged - as with any pictures in the Sewer Raccoon News by simply left clicking on the image - says the dressing doll was made for the King and Queen (of England?).
My caroming mind was led to reflect that paper dolls are a thing of the past. This lad probably had several fancy outfits that would fit over him with tabs folded back.
And what wondrous affects could be obtained!

No comments: