Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weights nest


For Mom
A few years ago my then-living mother was looking to get more exercise, so I got her a pair of beautiful chrome-plated 3 lb. weights as a gift. I wanted to package them in something other than a gift-wrapped box, so I made a wooden box with a beautifying theme, as shown above.
The Hula girl attached to the lid of the box was a ceramic spring-activated figure that was meant for the rear window of an old automobile. I wanted to give it a blur by activating it while the picture was taken, but the pre-determined speed of the 2 pixel digital would not allow that special affect.
The border of the box is supposed to resemble breaking surf.
Mom may have used the weights so much that they disintegrated. Or, at least they're missing...............

No comments: