Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last day at the farmers market for this year


Dear Attorney Bob in Puget Sound,
It's been weeks since we corresponded. I know that you were struggling with your law practice in the great un-litiginous northwest and had, after trying in vain to find adequate income with another go at fancy radish-bunching, established a seaweed-gathering venture.
You were at last word doing well. The SRN celebrated your success.
I thought of you today at the Waukesha farmers market. It was the last day of the season, with plenty of crisp produce for sale. A riverside cornucopia. Along with a beautifully-configured head of cauliflower, I got some more unbelievably firm and bright red tomatoes - and a delightful & huge bunch of red and white radishes.
I just washed them (see picture above) and am cracking (c'nutching) into some here next to the typewriter as I write to you. A nice bowl of salt to dip them in is at my side. I put the bunch of beauties in my mesh expandable and reusable tote and reveled at my good fortune all the way home.
At the stand, I first looked to see what kind of rubber band the radishes were bunched with, of course. Lo, the simple, non-descript brown rubber bands hidden within the greenery contributed little to the display, but these radishes were proud and dominant, as you can see. Frankly, they needed no decorous binding. Times change, and with them, their demands.
All for now, Bob, but let us hear from you. Hope all is well.
Zep

No comments: