Thursday, October 23, 2008

What means "Namaste"? (SRN corresp.)





----- Original Message -----
From: "STEWART J. TOLBERT" <miko46@verizon.net>
To: "David Dix" <ddix1@wi.rr.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: food for thought
> Namaste means I 'recognize the child of God that you truly are' . I > have adjusted the definition for our culture , but I am spot on. I > will write a small essay on it and send that to you , My Friend you > my correct my spelling and ANYTHING I send you is yours to do with as > you see fit . I know your heart is pure my Brother so I trust you. I > thank you for giving me both a forum and a filter/editor so I don't > show so much of my foolishness. I am dyslexic , and in my age group > teachers did not know why I seemed smart but could not spell, some > just figured I was a cheat , a Catholic education is tough enough.> stew> ps the vidio was wonderful.


earlier Email from Stew:


I was in a small chain box store: VALUE CITY. My wife and I like it , they have great prices on suits and since I don't dress up much, funerals and weddings - and I avoid the first as well as the second -

Anyway, as we checked out with a couple of items the woman, age about 55 , at the register said these sales are final . "We were just told today, I just got this job 2 weeks ago, they will be closed as soon as sold out, they say."
A friend of my brother in Columbus OH , VALUE CITY'S home , was a buyer for 12 yrs and went to work last Fri. She got a memo, as most of the employees did, that unless she had been notified earlier, she had an hour to gather her personal things and exit the building .

No severance , no extension of health care, just a memo .

This is just the beginning of the storm that people will go through.. Hard working, honest, trusting people. I just did the math. Rush Limbaugh makes in a week what it took me a lifetime of crippling, dangerous, difficult work, making billions [for others] in profits , fixing or building the instruments of what it takes to have a civilization here in these United States. The electric generation, refineries, chemical plants , and the like.

I am too old to brag but I was one of the best steamfitter/welders . And I was dedicated to getting the job done right and quickly. Now I am crippled up and have trouble breathing . A society with these values will not survive.

Hey Dave , I am not complaining, though it sounds like it. I am just telling the story . If you are an honest hard working skilled person you will be used and tossed. If you are a hate mongering slob that feeds that selfish bully in all of us, you can make 35+ million a year . I would not trade places with him under any circumstances, as I am happily living in a trailer on a hill with a barn .

Thanks for giving me a place to blow off some steam .
Obama/Biden. [Iput up my yard sign , will send a pic] 08namaste

Stew

No comments: