Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moving from west to east?


I spent some time last night after retiring watching some lighter "spots" in a grouping, traveling from west to east on the ceiling of our darkened BR. Puzzled, I finally realized they were moons reflecting through some prisms I have on the south window sill. As the bright orb made its way through the heavens, east to west, the refraction was going west to east on our ceiling.

This thought and its symbolism has occupied my mind.


By day in the brightness of the sun, we get W to E splashes of rainbow colors on the ceiling via those flat prisms I once got from the American Science Center on the south side of Milw. I used to habituate that place with a friend now living in Sequim WA. We bought things like the sex organs of small 0rganisms held in blocks of plastic, interesting lab beakers etc. Tom once bought a cluster bomb that he gave me for Christmas. Weapons of semi-mass destruction, cluster bombs are really and very ironically quite lovely in appearance. I will send you a picture, attached. Inscribed "To DD, Merry Christmas" We had a weird friendship. He got the sex organs from a 3rd friend in the group.


No comments: