Friday, January 22, 2010

Going somewhere

Travels with Christopher

There we were, having a cup of coffee and a piece of chocolate cake and ice cream, the dessert after our supper of Pollock Tandoori, asparagus, rice and a fruit salad, and I found myself thinking of doing some traveling.

I toyed with my hologram bookmark from the Taiwanese gift shop at Holy Hill. I pondered the various destinations at hand; old winter blues to be kept at bay.

Sure, you can look directly at a thing and think you see it, I mused. But the bookmark shifted in my idle fingers, and lo!

I was suddenly focusing on the means of travel. An old streamliner, old passenger airplane, old freighter, or an old car all presented themselves.

My thoughts shifted, thanks to the miracle of holography, to how I would get to wherever I was going........

It seemed narrowed down, and let's not forget riding on somebody's shoulder.