Saturday, March 24, 2012

She's still the one; Turning leaves, Headrests; Lenten ode

In the beginning
Dee wore mismatched shoes
and never cared

Later, spoke with her hands
at Friedens UCC
13th & Juneau, Milwaukee
where we met


ponderer of great questions


worker for good, and.....



SHE'S STILL THE ONE



We've been together since way back when

Sometimes I never want to see you again

But I want you to know, after all these years

You're still the one I want whisperin' in my ear

You're still the one -- I want to talk to in bed
Still the one -- that turns my head
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

I looked at your face every day
But I never saw it 'til I went away
When winter came, I just wanted to go (wanted to go)
Deep in the desert, I longed for the snow

You're still the one -- that makes me laugh
Still the one -- that's my better half
We're still having fun, and you're still the one
You're still the one -- that makes me strong
Still the one -- I want to take along
We're still having fun, and you're still the one (yes you are)

Changing, our love is going gold
Even though we grow old, it grows new

You're still the one -- that I love to touch
Still the one -- and I can't get enough
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

You're still the one -- who can scratch my itch
Still the one -- and I wouldn't switch
We're still having fun, and you're still the one
You are still the one -- that makes me shout
Still the one -- that I dream about
We're still having fun, and you're still the one
You're still the one, yeah still the one
We're still having fun, and you're still the one 

PLAY


......

As the leaves (and blossoms) turn.......


some clockwise
and some counter-clockwise


Heltions - you hellions,
 
Saturday, and I face a puzzlement:
 
Whether to use the velvet ruglet the inner city neighbor of Ellwanger's gave me, right-side-up as a chair headrest; OR to use it reverse-side out for diminished yet perhaps better feng shui effect?
 
I am thinking of putting the question to the SRN readers.
 
See examples attached.  With it partially turned-up could be a third possibiity.  The full garish 'upside' is not pictured for obvious to me reasons.   This rug - like others seen by you I'm sure with the Pope or JFK likenesses - was something that struck me as in such bad taste that it was good, and the dear well-meaning donor-lady who also gave me the indelible term 'Michael-Wave', is probably long gone by now.  So cannot and would not ask her.  But I will never part with this gift.
 
In such ways I fritter away what's left of my life, as though I have all the time in the world.  This seems like a big deal to me, nevertheless, and therefore, it is.
 
Happy Saturday
 
and even better Sabbath!
 
Zep

and the answer this morn from John was:

'Full frontal, of course!'

......

Another minister checks in
with a Lenten poem:

Day 28.   Sanford and Gun  (March 24)

Once upon a crime,
just up the happy trail from Frontierland
in the state of sunshine, foreclosures and seniors,
teenage Trayvon Martin in a hoodie
left his father’s gated haven to get a snack at a 7-Eleven
down the street in a town without pity
whose city manager is (believe it or not) N. Bonaparte Junior
(Sanford, have mercy).
On his way home, Trayvon, armed with a cell phone, drew it
to tell his girl that a man was following him; run, she said, and he did.
Zimmerman, ‘hood watchman, out to catch a suspect,    
said he suspected the boy because he was “walking and looking about”
(and walking while black), then went after Trayvon and gunned him down
on the strong arm of a “stand your ground” law,
recasting it as “your hunting ground”
and the blast of a bullet.
Will it
end with Trayvon going into the ground? or, at last,
be the gun to restart the human race and get us the grace to know now   
this land is not your land, this land is not my land;
this is our land and the street where we meet, understand and show how
we are one, under the sun, under the skin, under hoods, understood, a rainbow
beyond the guns, the rain and the fear of the dark or the light, bound for tomorrow?


Rev. Dr. Tom Bentz had a fall
but did not break