Wednesday, November 19, 2008

ROTUNDITY

Man, this coffee is great!

In the editorial pressroom here at the sewer raccoon news, we have set up what we now call the diving-bell 1940's electric coffee maker from Ms Midriff Musing. She presented us with the form as a silver anniversary gift, because her budget dictated chromium instead of silver. Well, she couldn't have chosen a finer gift!

Bought from E-Bay, it in excellent working shape, and as my old first sergeant back in '58 would say, "Your Shoes and Brass WILL be Highly PO-lished!" Terry collects these things, and I thought she was slightly off in her admiration for them. Until the advent of the diving-bell maker, I thought a grind of coffee was a grind of coffee regardless of the intentional device used to brew it. Now I know different! (Um..."Do you have any coffee made in CHROME, please?")

Ever since prehistoric times, earth-perusers have studied and admired naturally-formed rain drops and globules. There has been a latent tendency to appreciate the bubble. I must have known that. As a wee one, now that I think of it, I was always fascinated by the bubbles that came to the surface in my baths.

Hail to globs, globes, and diving bells! (Alls we c'n say.)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you see "diving bell" whereas I see orb, in as celestial, planetary, moon-shaped. I've always love the fact that the glass perk bulb is also round. The world simply cannot have enough of these things. Whatever the adjective, the quality of the coffee, as you have noted, is superb and the ambiance while it is perking, beyond compare.
T-bird