Monday, November 14, 2011

Another bulls-eye

DAUGHTER LAURIE (DIX) KARI
of Wasilla Alaska,
a Presbyterian Elder
puts this video
up on Facebook today.

She shot an arrow into the air
and it fell to earth
- a bulls-eye -
at the Odd Fellows hall in Waukesha WI
and one hopes points E, N. W. and S.......
The little SRN will help spread it.

Especially germaine for the Waukesha Congregationalists, where, I know, leaders have been discussing emphasizing Discipleship as opposed to Roster Membership.
Revisions are on the table.


PLAY:

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow