Saturday, December 20, 2008

"MY FAVORITE SHIRT"

Dee, current sustainer of my life, is not a Nieman-Marcus shopper.
She is not one who worries about fine threads, other than to always present herself well and cleanly. She, as her friends and colleagues know, does have a sense of color and textile match-ups that reigns at the pinnacle of this household and, I dare say, far beyond.

There is one garment she dons (frequently, frequently, frequently...... frequently) when she is doing in-house, under-roof business, a sweat shirt with matching pants that she cannot part with. Seeing Dee in this shirt is a very small price to pay for her presence, I've maintained, and over which I've remained silent. Sometimes when she slips on that old sweatshirt I have to suppress a very small smile.

I took the liberty of affixing a proclamation on the front of it, using the old Liquitex polymer acrylic paints still in the storage cabinet from when I was into painting ties on T shirts. I got the gumption for doing this violating and hence daring deed from the knowledge that I was going to buy a brand new sweatsuit for her, for Christmas.

We shall see if this tried and true designated "FAVORITE" shirt fades from fashion around here, but my bet is that this isn't the end of it.

[Love me, love my sweat shirt!]







No comments: