Wednesday, December 3, 2008

To the woman who crocheted my throw at "The Home":

she didn't know she didn't know
that she was performing this near life's end
task for me
given (to me) at the Christmas gift exchange
at the home
- Waukesha Springs convalescent center -

she was cranking out these items
for something to do and
to break the tedium of waiting

but the home management scarfed this throw
for their "everybody gets something"
gift exchange

and I lucked out

now three years later
that covering I used for my wheel-chaired legs
[am no longer relying on that device]
and so warm and attractive it was
is a leading feature in our living room

when we aren't using it
the cat likes to curl up on it
today she assumes an accustomed position
blinding her eyes
or keeping her nose warm

she is in a home
as I was
that bestows love supreme
the throw lives on
and I wonder if its maker does?
PB/Y !

No comments: