Monday, January 14, 2008

HURRAH!

English herring-bone vest fits, buttoned:

In a fit of good fortune, I tried on the gray herringbone vest that has languished in the back of my closet for years. I ordered it from a mail order catalog, and when it came it was a snug fit. I wanted to wear it so I just wore it unbuttoned. No way would the button and button-hole come together without tell-tale lines of rolling fat within.

Too expensive to discard, I saved it for the time, if it ever came, when I would lose enough weight to get into it, and button it. Instead, I waxed heftier and heftier. The vest was very lonely in the dark closet, bringing up the rear.

Well, the time did arrive, about 5 years later. Some know this: I lost 100, 100, ONE HUNDRED POUNDS! Imagine my delight, for now I could wear and button the English herring-bone vest! All things come to him who (loses) weights. Of course, I did have to undergo some minor discomfort in the process, such as having a zipper that's stuck closed installed in my chest.................but, I really wanted to wear the vest, and now I can!

I like buttons, not zippers, anyway.................

No comments: