Sunday, January 13, 2008

tongue untied


to tom
totem
.........................................
The shortest verse


I am a writer of crooked things
An Underworld type writer
And I am pensive
A pensive sharpener of pencils
Slowly I whittle my leaden shafts
Cutting away from me
So I don't get hurt
Or I suck ink into bladders
In gulps only
To bleed them out in tiny threads
And watch the fluids spread
The fluids spread as
Dead as lead
Blotten
Blotto
Low blotomy
high lair at tea
Afloat a-sea,
the marks contain
the thoughts troughen-sunk
Or waven-tossed
Hell leaven
Half heaven baked 'n
Vomited onto deserted beaches
Triton's heav-en horn
Summons children
To read things into seashells
Only a metch wrike Lee
could put there
Hear sounds only He could hide there
Surfy fingers trying to reclaim
ineptly
The truth of the matter:
The million'th monkey finally typed
Jesus weptly
(sic)
[v. Z.]

No comments: