Wednesday, January 16, 2008

chastened, but (blog) demise not hastened







Thus sprechen:



"Queen Victoria’s diaries were expurgated after her death. As a result, we don’t know any details about her many meetings with the Shivapuri Baba whom she pressed to remain in England until her death. I don’t feel any worse off because of this loss of information. Many Blogs might end up more like the ancient garbage pits Marc Aurel Stein excavated in Central Asia in the early decades of the twentieth century. The climatic conditions were such that the garbage was fully intact and still smelled."

That was sent to this editor from a friend, the sort of good friend who can say anything he wants to me and know that I will not take offense. A man of letters, and able to leap taller buildings than ever will be constructed by this shorted mind.

I was going to say, and still am going to say, that I have a beautiful pair of orange rubber clogs. When I got out of the home following my heart surgery and just until very recently I was unable to balance well in any of my clogs. All those shoes gone to waste! But the other day I tried on the orange clogs and found that miraculously I am now able to get around quite well on them. This signaled the return of my favorite sort of shoe.
My penchant for orange clogs derived from watching Mario Molto's cooking show. They worked so well for him - directing attention away from his girth - that I took them up. Now of course I am skinny but I still find it useful to direct attention to my feet. This photo above is taken through my strawberry-jelloed beard.


This entry is sure to make the [DO NOT EXCAVATE!] garbage heap.

No comments: