Thursday, January 17, 2008

to what may longevity be owed?

Jumex peach nectar?

I recently stopped at the neighboring Mexican market Super Amigo and eyed the fruit juices from south of the border. My eyes landed on the Jumex nectars of peach, mango and guava. I opted for peach.

Now I am nearly hooked on it. Have been back three times for more.

A funny thing is that I mentioned Jumex Peach Nectar to a friend and he replied in an UPPER-CASE EXCLAMATORY that he had practically swilled the stuff on his Baja Mexico sabbatical.

It is a low calorie, low sodium fruit drink from peach mash. I offered a box of it, as shown above, to my doctor this morning when I went for a regular maintenance visit. He accepted it kindly, with a smile, saying his father used to drink apricot nectar from a can when he was young. I weighed in at 17 pounds lighter than I was 6 months ago, and my other lab results and vitals were fine.

I figure if nectar is good for hummingbirds it's good enough for a little guy like me!

end of commercial


No comments: